You may have already seen this recipe on my other blog Sweet Little Paradise. But this is by far my favourite dessert that I have created, so I feel like it deserves special attention as my first post here 🙂
FERRERO ROCHER CHOCOLATE CAKE
- 5 Eggs
- 6 tbsp Sugar
- 1 3/4 cups Ground nuts
- 2 tbsp Flour
- 1 tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 1 tbsp Instant coffee powder
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 200 g Butter, at room temp cut into cubes
- Chocolate chips
- 7 tbsp Nutella
- 1 cup Wafers
- 6 Ferrero Rocher
- 1/2 cups Almond flakes
- Whisk eggs with sugar until they are three times in volume, light and fluffy.
- Sift flour, cocoa and baking powder. Mix in with ground nuts.
- Using spatula, fold in dry ingredients by thirds, be very gentle and don’t over mix
- Butter all sides of the baking dish, pour batter into the dish. Bake at 250C for about 30 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine Nutella sauce together with the butter cubes.
- Whisk together on a double boiler (Or microwave for 10 second increments and stir well)
- If the temperature is too high, put the mixture into the freezer for a while and whisk again.
- Add in the chocolate chips and stir well.
- Spread half of the chocolate cream on top of the cake evenly
- Break wafers into small pieces, sprinkle wafers over the cream.
- Spread on the rest of the chocolate cream. Sprinkle another layer of wafers over the cream.
- Decorate outside of the cake with almond flakes.
- Slice Ferrero Rocher candy in half and place it on the cake . Slice the cake up and serve!
It’s quite a lot of steps. Trust me, I KNOW. But it totally worths waiting! The whole thing is just so rich, nutty and chocolatey… #nomnom# it’s like one mega huge Ferrero Rocher… #nomnomnom# My kitchen was filled with mocha-like aroma… #shoving face into the chocolate#…