This Swedish cuisine originated from Hasselbacken, the Stockholm restaurant where it was first served in the 18th century. Traditionally, the potatoes are sliced almost right through and then roasted until golden. Due to the special way of cutting, the potatoes are easier to cook through and the seasonings all submerge through the cracks. After roasting, the potatoes fan out and they are crisp on the outside and tender on the inside.
名字來自于18世紀瑞典斯德哥爾摩的一家餐廳, 主廚在馬鈴薯上切出平衡線, 但又不把馬鈴薯整個切斷
I love these made with new potatoes, which are more waxy and in perfect oval shape. Preferably leave the skin unpeeled which makes the potatoes even crisper.
I also made some Bacon asparagus rolls.
我比較喜歡用新薯, 喜歡它比較爽口的質感. 把皮留著, 烤好之後會更脆. 洋蔥夾在一片片土豆中間, 吃起來很清甜
HASSELBACK ROASTED POTATOES
- Potatoes, washed & dried
- Onion, sliced
- Bacon slices
- Italian herbs
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/gas mark 6/400ºF.
- Put each potato on a spoon (so that it won’t be cut through). Slice the potato at about 3mm intervals.
- Pour some melted butter into a small bowl. Add in salt, pepper and herbs. Stir well.
- Put the onion and bacon slices between slices of potato.
- Put the potatoes on the baking tray. Spread the melted butter on to each potato slice.
- Put the onion and bacon slices in between the potato slices.
- Sprinkle each potato well with herbs and olive oil.
- Bake in the oven until golden, about 25-30 minutes.
- Testing to see whether the flesh is soft. Transfer to a plate and serve.
- For a healthier option, you can replace butter with olive oil
- Apart from onions and bacon slices, you can also use cheese, sausages, etc.
BACON ASPARAGUS ROLLS
- Bacon slices
- Gound black pepper
- Prepare a pot of boiling water. Add in some salt and oil.
- Boil the asparagus for about 2 mins. Quickly put them into icy water.
- Wrap a slice of bacon around a spear of asparagus. Put on a plate and continue wrapping the rest.
- Place the bacon rolls on a frying pan. Fry until the bacon is slightly golden.
- Sprinkle some black pepper. You can add in some soy sauce if you want.
- Boiling the asparagus with oil can help keeping the fresh green colour.
- Apart from frying, you can also choose to roast the rolls in oven or microwave them.